Kevin Crosbie: Curriculum Vitae
|Name:||Kevin Patrick Crosbie|
Abilities: Accomplished software developer. Strong, outgoing and respected leader with proven ability developing products, engaging clients, identifying opportunities. Keenly interested in business strategy.
December 2003 to Present:
Play a critical part in defining the niche market of real-time News Analytics and its application in systematic trading and investment, risk management and market surveillance. Diverse roles include:
- Product Manager, playing key role in design and planning of new innovations.
- Project Manager, coordinating teams of experts and managing product releases.
- Travelling abroad to help capture new business and investigate new strategies.
- Lead Senior Developer, designing enterprise software solutions for Real-time Event Processing and Publishing, Financial Trading and Linguistic Analysis operated on Terabytes of news data.
- Negotiated price and set up two data centers in New Jersey and London.
February 2003 to December 2003:
Lead Developer/Architect. Designed and built web applications for the Property Management industry which enabled clients to manage, track, visit and rent out their property whilst living abroad. Applications were written in ASP on SQL Server and included:
- Online Payments Processing
- Rental Booking System and Calendar
- Personnel and Task Scheduling/Workflow
- SMS Notification Service
Secondary tasks were to coordinate search engine rankings and Internet marketing strategies, interact with clients and provide support for all technical queries.
August 2001 to January 2003:
Web application developer/designer. The company provides Oracle database backed applications for use in Intranets or across the Internet using OpenACS. My job entailed:
- Implementing Quest's first two products, CHATS and CHATS-II.
- Redesigning and writing an existing product in Java to become J2EE compliant.
- Liaising and researching requirements with clients. Also performing sales demonstrations.
- Developing configurable workflow applications for companies such as Diageo (Guinness).
- Implementing projects in the HSE which houses the fifth biggest Oracle database in Ireland.
June 2000 to March 2001:
TradePayment, San Francisco, California
Security Consultant, designed and implemented a system for non-repudiation of payments and general security. The company’s goal was to develop a Web-Based J2EE application for managing and negotiating contracts and payments for major companies. Work detailed:
- Implementing a PKI System to produce and distribute Personal Digital Certificates.
- Writing signed, persistent applets that would install certificates on users machines and perform document signing for non-repudiation purposes.
- Designing the Registration Procedure for new users into the system.
- Working with development divisions of companies such as Baltimore Security, Verisign and NCipher.
June 1999 to September 1999:
Position in the Information Technology Dept. on the Y2K transition project. Duties included:
- Working in the Technical Lab troubleshooting and fixing problems inherent to Y2K programs.
- Finding and solving problems with installed programs in the Windows 95 and WinNT Registry’s.
- Programming Unix shell scripts for automatic installations.
June 1998 to February 1999:
Co-operative experience as a Corporate Setup Engineer. Duties were:
- Automation of Installations for large corporate customer specific operating system images and hardware, using Autotool and Ghost, Unix shell scripts.
- Specialist Group installations, projects that required non-standard work, such as altering the windows AutoInstall files and seamless integration of third party applications.
May 1997 to May 1998:
Entech Engineering, Limerick, Ireland
Part-time drafting AutoCAD schemas and in-house technical support.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
|Third Level Education||Sept 1996 - May 2000, First-Class Honours Degree|
University Of Limerick, Ireland. - B. Eng. in Computer Engineering
Specialized in Cryptography and Software Design/Engineering.
|Languages:||Common Lisp, JAVA, C, C++, Pascal, Visual Basic, x86 Assembler, TCL/ADP, VHDL, HTML, SQL.|
|Technologies:||J2EE, Java Servlets, RMI, Java Applets, Java Security Packages, ASP, ActiveX Controls, OpenACS, Trading APIs, AOLServer, Oracle Text, Foreign Function Interfaces, Emacs, XMPP/ejabber.|
|Database:||Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, MS Access.|
|Operating Systems:||Windows 2000/NT/9x, Linux and other UNIX platforms.|
- Taught myself Applied Mathematics in Secondary School and received an A1.
- Received gold letter from the President of the University of Limerick for outstanding performance.
- Provided tuition in mathematics for children.
- Fluent in Spanish.
INTERESTS AND HOBBIES
Music, reading, yoga, taekwondo, running, rock climbing, surfing, tennis, padel, soccer, golf, photography.